Welcoming a new baby is a unique and fulfilling experience. There is so much to share ... the anticipation, the excitement, and the joy of bringing a new life into the world. Sanford Canby Medical Center has spacious and home-like birthing rooms that are designed for ultimate patient comfort and safety. These labor, delivery, recovery, and postpartum (LDRP) suites allow the mother to stay in one beautifully-decorated room from admission through labor and delivery until she and baby are ready to go home. New moms will enjoy a private bath with shower/whirlpool tub.
The parent(s) will also have the option to post a picture of the newborn baby via our website's baby gallery. This is a fast and convenient way to let loved ones see a picture of the new arrival.
The Sanford Canby Medical Center staff is experienced in assisting families and providing them with a positive birthing experience. Physicians, Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA), nurses and respiratory therapy staff are certified by the Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP). Lab, radiology, CRNA, respiratory therapy, pharmacy and surgery are also on-staff for OB needs.
Features of Obstetrical services include:
- Emphasis on the mother's comfort during labor and delivery
- Labor, delivery, recovery post-partum rooms allow mom and baby to stay, in most cases, in one room for their entire stay
- Staff trained and certified by the Neonatal Resuscitation program (NRP)
- Large rooms with recliner/rockers and tub/shower/whirlpool
- Birthing beds
- Nurse with each mom to follow progress and assist the physician
- Fathers encouraged to be a part of the birth, including cesarean births
- Pain management options including epidurals and intrathecals
- Mom and baby care education
- Fully-equipped nursery for newborns needing additional medical attention
- Newborn Hearing Screening
- Electronic infant security system
- Childbirth Education Classes offered throughout the year
- Maternal/newborn home care available
- Baby photo listed on baby gallery page of Sanford Canby Medical Center's web site
» Take A Virtual Tour
To take a tour of our delivery rooms or whirlpool bathroom, click on the link.
To view a tour:
Click and hold your left mouse button on the image and drag it left, right, forward, or back to rotate the image.