LaboratoryThe Sanford Canby Medical Center Clinical Laboratory department is staffed by five certified Medical Laboratory Technicians. A licensed Clinical Pathologist and registered Medical Technologist make monthly site visits.
The Laboratory is licensed by the Minnesota Department of Health, CLIA (Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments) Section. The Laboratory is inspected biannually by the Minnesota Department of Health to ensure that we are compliant with all requirements under CLIA.
We offer on-site comprehensive diagnostic testing making it possible for patients to be conveniently serviced locally.
The Laboratory provides:
- 24 hour emergency testing
- 24 hour inpatient testing
- Outpatient services 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Clinic support during regular clinic hours
- Dialysis support during regular dialysis hours
- Nursing Home, Outreach, Home Health, Hospice support
- DOT certified urine drug screen collections
- DOT certified breath alcohol testing
- Courier service for testing performed off-site
- State of the art instrumentation to provide accurate, timely results to aid the physician in diagnosis, treatment, and monitoring of your condition
- Experienced technicians that are skilled in blood collection from patients of all ages